Father, Coach, Alabamian
“If we treat everybody we meet with love and compassion, we are all the better for it.”
Why I Opened a ComForCare Location
My grandparents were like a second set of parents for me when I was growing up. To me, my grandfather was the greatest man I have ever known. As he grew older, he developed dementia and I witnessed firsthand how that affected his ability to function. At that time, my family and I weren’t sure about how to best care for my grandfather. There is so much more that I know and understand now, and I am able to share these lessons with my clients and their families.
Consistent and Customized
We approach all of our clients as individuals. We understand everyone has their own preferences, likes and dislikes, and we work diligently to customize our approach to match those desires. To us, the caregiver-client matching process is incredibly important. We strive to develop a complete picture for all parties involved so the client, the client’s family and the caregiver are comfortable with the plan moving forward.
My Most Memorable Moment
My grandfather taught me how to play golf when I was 10 years old. We would play together almost every day during the summer, so golf is very important to me. We had a client who also had a history with golf but had developed dementia. I was able to bring them golfing, so they could reconnect to something they cared for deeply. It made the client so happy to do something they loved so much. I saw a little bit of my grandfather there, and it stuck with me. In addition, I’ve taken my grandfather’s love for teaching the game and carried it over into coaching anywhere from athletics with my kids to clients’ homes with our caregivers.
- Bachelor’s in business administration and marketing from the University of North Alabama
- Master’s in business administration from the University of North Alabama
- Board member of Positive Maturity, a nonprofit focused on needs in the senior community
- Board member of the Alabama Gerontological Society, an educational nonprofit that provides education for healthcare workers about caring for seniors
- Radio show host of “Golden Years in Alabama” on Talk 99.5 FM