Are you naturally nurturing? Are you looking for a job that is truly fulfilling? As a caregiver, you have the opportunity to make a difference in someone’s life every time you go to work.
ComForCare helps to make life easier for those dealing with the challenges of aging, living with a chronic medical condition or recovering from an illness or injury by providing in-home care services to individuals in North San Diego, California and the surrounding areas.
Our caregivers provide non-medical home care services including medication reminders, meal preparation, personal hygiene and light housekeeping. Caregivers can also enjoy playing board games, attending local events and providing companionship in order to help older adults stay in their homes and continue to do all the things they enjoy.
To help ensure we hire the most qualified caregivers, applicants must undergo a 10-step hiring process. To be a ComForCare caregiver, each applicant must:
- Pass the Home Health Aide test (formally known as the National League of Nursing test) or state equivalent
- Take and pass drug screening, ethics, attitude and reliability tests (DEARs Assessment)
- Have criminal background and state driving record checks completed
- Have verifiable employment history and personal references
- Have professional certifications, licenses or registrations verified
- Be checked against state and federal sex offender registries
- Participate in a personal interview
- Participate in a full skills orientation
- Demonstrate an understanding of OSHA Universal Precautions, including proof of non-active TB results
- Be eligible for employment in the U.S.
ComForCare caregivers are not only trained on clients’ specific care needs, but they also receive ongoing education to stay up-to-date on home care best practices.
We’re always on the lookout for individuals to become a part of our growing team in North San Diego, California! Want to start your career in caregiving? Apply online today!
Have questions about employment opportunities with ComForCare Home Care North San Diego? Please call 858-247-1005.