ComForCare Farmington Valley provides home care services to adults to make life easier for those dealing with aging, injury or illness ― all while in the comfort of their own homes. Our caregivers provide an array of non-medical home care services to offer individuals a helping hand. From companionship to running errands, a career in caregiving is certainly not your typical 9 to 5 job.
Our Hiring Process:
When it comes to finding the right caregivers to be a part of our team in Farmington Valley, we have in place a rigorous 10-step hiring process. During our hiring process, we verify skills and focus on finding individuals who are compassionate, kind and understanding to ensure we hire only the most reliable caregivers.
To be a ComForCare caregiver, each applicant must:
- Pass the Home Health Aide test (formally known as the National League of Nursing test) or state equivalent
- Take and pass drug screening, ethics, attitude and reliability tests (DEARs Assessment)
- Have criminal background and state driving record checks completed
- Have verifiable employment history and personal references
- Have professional certifications, licenses or registrations verified
- Be checked against state and federal sex offender registries
- Participate in a personal interview
- Participate in a full skills orientation
- Demonstrate an understanding of OSHA Universal Precautions, including proof of non-active TB results
- Be eligible for employment in the U.S.
All of our caregivers are provided with ongoing specialized training and home care education. Additionally, with an increasing number of individuals choosing to “age in place,” the demand for home care is on the rise, making a career in caregiving a great opportunity for longevity with the potential of growth.
Join Our Team in Farmington Valley
We are always on the lookout for individuals to join our team. Want to start your career in caregiving? Apply today!
For further questions about employment opportunities with ComForCare Farmington Valley, please call 860-409-0455.