In order to help care for your loved one, we help you take care of yourself first. Your loved one will be safe and comfortable at home under the supervision of our caregivers. ComForCare Stamford offers a wide range of in-home services, so you can find time to rest and recharge, including:
- Help with housekeeping
- Assistance with grooming, bathing, and dressing
- Meal preparation and planning services
- Transportation and assistance with running errands
Whether respite care is needed for just a few hours a week or every day, our caregivers can help. From helping run errands to sitting with your loved one so you can get some rest, we can help!
Family Support Groups
Family caregivers who assist a loved one with Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia can often feel isolated. Participating in skills and support groups can help individuals deal with challenges that may arise and offer useful suggestions. Remember, with ComForCare at your side, you and your loved one will not have to embark on this journey alone.
ComForCare offers free skills and support groups for those caring for a loved one with dementia. Our support groups are a safe place where you can:
- Express your emotions
- Connect with others in a similar situation
- Develop new skills
- Gain a better understanding of dementia
- Learn from other people’s experiences
In a warm, supportive environment, family caregivers can learn:
- Dementia care best practices
- Techniques to address challenging dementia-related behaviors and personality changes
- How to relieve caregiver stress through self-care
- Functions commonly lost and best preserved with dementia
- Meaningful activities that can be done at home
To learn more about family support and respite services, please call ComForCare Stamford at 203-705-0220.