ComForCare Delray Beach specializes in private-duty nursing services, which allows us to support complex medical needs. We tailor our care to meet the client's requirements, assisting them in managing their own disease process when appropriate.
Transitions of Care Program ― The transition from a hospital or rehabilitation center back to the home can be difficult for clients to manage successfully. Our licensed nurses can help improve patient outcomes and reduce re-hospitalizations by promoting adherence to discharge instructions in the home setting by:
- Reviewing discharge instructions with the client
- Educating the client in self-care using “teach back” techniques
- Ensuring prescriptions are filled and the medication box is set up correctly
- Confirming appropriate durable medical equipment (DME) is delivered
- Conducting home safety and fall risk inspections
- Coordinating follow-up care with other providers
Chronic Disease Management ― Most seniors have one or more chronic diseases such as congestive heart failure, COPD or diabetes. ComForCare helps clients successfully manage these conditions to improve well-being and avoid adverse health events by:
- Creating a plan of care
- Educating about lifestyle changes
- Educating about "red flag" symptoms
- Promoting medication adherence
Medication Management – Registered nurses (RNs) perform medication set-up and reconciliation. They also educate clients on managing medication side effects that may occur, how to evaluate effectiveness and when to consult a physician. Hourly Skilled Nursing ― Services provided include:
- Tracheostomy care
- Wound vacuum-assisted closure (VAC)
- Ventilator care
- Long- and short-term catastrophic care
- Respite care
Nurse Assessments ― RNs creates a comprehensive, written plan of care by assessing the client's:
- Cognitive status
- Medical needs
- Limitations in ADL (activities of daily living, such as eating) and IADL (instrumental activities of daily living, such as driving)
Continuous Care ― For clients who have physical restrictions or are confined to bed and require 24/7 staffing, RNs administers PRN (as needed) medications, perform personal care or provide respite to family members.
Ostomy Care ― Nurses provide support, reassurance and education for clients who are new to ostomy care, including emptying and replacing the ostomy bag.
Wound Care ― ComForCare delivers ongoing nursing care for wounds such as:
- Diabetic ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Non-healing surgical wounds
- Healing surgical wounds
Tube Feeding ― For patients who cannot obtain nutrition by mouth or need nutritional supplementation, RNs provide tube feeding and support
To learn more about skilled services and private-duty nursing in Delray Beach, Florida and the surrounding areas, please call ComForCare at 561-630-1620.