Nurse Practitioner, Active Traveler, Hobby Photographer
“My passion is making people feel safe and making them feel they are being taken of.”
We Are Client-Centered
At ComForCare Tampa, we focus our attention and energy on out client. When we visit with our clients, we want them to feel safe and comfortable with us in their home. My passion and concern for our clients would not allow me to take a “hands-off” management approach. I am deeply involved with all of our clients, so I am always aware of what’s happening, continually asking what I can do to help. My dedication coupled with my acute care experience as a nurse has given me a unique perspective as an owner, which has served me well. I can readily answer questions and problem solve, all while supporting my staff and making our clients feel at home. I want each of our clients to feel safe and loved in the comforts of their own home, so they may focus on living vibrant, independent lives.
My Most Memorable Moment
The inclination may be to focus on major accomplishments or successes; however, for me, it is the small moments that give me the greatest joy. I remember assisting a homebound client with grocery shopping. Because of health issues, she had not left her home in a very long time. I took her to a local grocery store and — wow — everyone knew the client’s name and was really glad to see her. She engaged and greeted everyone she knew and there was a palpable joy in the air as they exchanged greetings, hugs and kisses. When we got back to the car, I saw tears of joy escape from her eyes. There was no need for words, her tears, the twinkle in her eyes, told me all I needed to know. Once she collected herself, she quietly whispered, thank you. At the time, I didn’t think I was doing anything special at all; however, I knew enough to realize how important that moment was for my client.
- Rated A+ by the Home Care Standards Bureau
- DementiaWise® -certified office
- Licensed practical nurse (LPN), registered nurse (RN) and nurse practitioner (DNP)
- Bachelor’s in nursing from the University of Texas
- Master’s in adult health from the University of the Incarnate Word
- Postgraduate degree in nursing from the University of Texas
- Doctorate in nursing from the University of South Florida
- Certificate in gerontology
- Volunteer nurse practitioner and board member at a local clinic for people who are working and uninsured
- Member of the Greater Brandon and North Tampa Chambers of Commerce