Locally owned and operated since 2011, Jim and Sally Wogsland, RN are committed to a devoted philosophy of providing unconditional superior care. This is accomplished by daily office oversight and hands on quality control which makes them dedicated beyond measure. We believe that a positive community identity can only be accomplished by proof of reliable dedication and service. Corporate support of an international organization with more than 165 locations in three countries also assists this locally owned company with providing employment of local caregivers and nurses while servicing the neighbors in your community.
Front Loaded Care Oversight
This is a proactive ComForcare commitment which dramatically decreases the likelihood of issues arising for the client because the needed time, consideration and care are practiced on the front-end concerning the proper assessments and matching of the appropriate caregiver. Front Loaded Care oversight is accomplished via:
- Nurse assessments which include the initial needs assessment, case opening process and development of a specific care plan
- Client specific training which includes educating the client on self-management, medication compliance and providing caregiver in-home education
- Owner and management involvement includes availability to the client and their family; proactive communications and matching the right caregiver to every client every time
- Quality Assurance adherence includes quality assurance client satisfaction phone calls (after the client’s first shift, first week, second week, first month and every month thereafter), periodic client surveys and unannounced supervisory visits to survey the caregivers while at work with the client.
High Touch Process
This is a dedicated process which includes a greater level of communication that is accomplished by staying in touch proactively throughout a client’s care so nothing is missed. This process results in less stress for everyone which results in superior care over the long term. The High Touch Process is a vital method of observance to ensure that the client is receiving the care as promised and there is a consistent and natural overlap extension of the Front-Loaded Care Oversight.
Hiring Process and Employee Accountability
Adherence to ComForcare’s Ten Step Hiring Process includes:
- Personal interview conducted by Owner or Senior Management
- Pass the National League of Nursing test
- Pass the DEARS test which is an ethics, attitude and moral questionnaire
- Pass a drug test, pass both criminal background and SC SLED criminal background checks and have a positive driving record with no suspensions
- Professional references and employment history personally verified by ComForCare staff
- Professional licensing personally verified by ComForCare staff
- State and federal sex offender registries are conducted.
- Actively participate in a full skills four hour orientation
- Testing and understanding of OSHA Universal Precautions including a negative TB test
- Pass government mandated E-Verify social security verification
After successful completion of a mandatory four hour orientation, each caregiver is then considered a ComForcare employee which makes them licensed, bonded and insured. Additional employee continuing education includes four annual mandatory in-services, employee access to the ComForcare online training portal, when applicable extensive caregiver training to include training modules that are specific to the chronic condition of assigned clients, review and discussion of client’s care plan prior to the caregiver’s first shift; and always encouraging an open door policy.
Delivery and Management of Care
This is provided via:
- Consistent owner and senior management involvement which includes consistent awareness of market trends, fostering referral relationships and marketing contacts; assessing client needs and feedback, meeting corporate expectations and exceeding caregiver employment satisfaction
- Custom match caregivers to clients by their skills, availability, personality and geographic proximity
- Caregivers must continuously demonstrate ComForcare’s Best Practices Approach, meet continuing education and employment guideline criteria, and present a positive, friendly and helpful demeanor to every client at every shift.