- Satisfactory compliance with ComForCare bonding criteria
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact with clients, families, coworkers and all supervisors
- Ability to accurately follow and process written and verbal instructions
- Satisfactorily demonstrate and perform competently in clinical skills through competency checklist and skills demonstration test
- Minimum score of 80 percent on competency exam
- All administrative employees
- 18 years of age or older.
- Visual and hearing capacities functioning at a level sufficient enough to provide for the supervisory and physical care needs of clients
The personal care attendant (PCA) provides specifically defined, non-skilled care services under the supervision of an administrative employee to enable the client to remain in the home. The PCA is a non-licensed home care employee who provides attendant care, homemaking and companion services in the home setting to clients and families who are unable to perform these activities independently. The PCA conforms to all agency policies and procedures, including providing care, compliance with the agency Bill of Rights, observing client/family confidentiality and adhering to agency dress code.
- Assistance in getting in and out beds, wheelchairs and motor vehicles
- Assistance with routine bodily functions, such as bathing and personal hygiene, using the toilet, dressing and grooming and feeding, including preparation and cleanup
- The provision of medication assistance by providing reminders or cues to take medication, the opening of preset medication containers and providing assistance in the handling or ingesting of noncontrolled substance medications, including eye drops, herbs, supplements and over-the-counter medications to an individual who is unable to accomplish the task due to an impairment.
- Homemaking services include household tasks such as housekeeping, shopping, laundry, meal planning/preparation and cleaning
- Companion services provide fellowship, care and protection for a client, including transportation, letter writing, mail reading and escort services that are provided to a client at the client's residence.