“Turn life into living.” - Diane Surgeon, owner of ComForCare Lumberton
Live Life on Your Terms
I was a practicing lawyer with legal services and the public defender office and I loved it, but after over 25 years as a trial attorney, I was ready for something else. I knew I wanted to do home care. When I joined ComForCare, I was the fourth location in North Carolina. From the very beginning, I loved it — and now, after 13 years, I am still very passionate about home care. Perhaps even more so, as I have now established my own elder law practice to help seniors and their families do more advanced long-term care planning which can enable them to live in their own home and community longer. I am a resource for my clients and their families throughout their aging journey.
I don’t want you just sitting in your home existing; I want you to be thriving! I want you to be passionate about living. That’s what I see ComForCare being able to do for you and your loved ones.
We go into the house and make it a home because that’s where you thrive and have your best life possible.
Why We’re Different
We’re compassionate. We are on the ground with the family and with the client on a regular basis; and as often as possible, I am out personally visiting and talking with our clients and families. We just care.
It’s very important to me that clients know we care about them and that their comfort is a top priority. We only hire the people we think are exceptional. Through personality assessments, essays and strong personal interviews of our caregivers and staff, we dig into what their passions are. We find the people who are here because they want to be. They understand the importance of caring for another human being. They are passionate about making a difference for loved ones. They embrace their role wholly.
The people we hire are difference-makers, and they are proud to be a part of your life.
- DementiaWise®-Certified Office
- Certified AARP Financial Freedom Trainer
- Accredited VA Attorney
- Admitted to the United States Supreme Court Bar
Our DementiaWise program can help with as much or as little home care as you need through all stages of your loved one’s dementia.
Diane’s Education and Credentials
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science from Johnson C. Smith University
- Juris Doctor from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. Eastern Regional Director and National Director of ZetaCARES™
- Established and implemented Zeta Phi Beta Sorority’s National Elder Care Initiative to provide seniors and their families with numerous resources in law and home care options, including collaborations with the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and AARP
If you are inquiring about services for yourself or for a loved one, please Request a FREE In-Home Care Assessment.