Personalized Care Plan
ComForCare takes a client-centered approach to home care. A registered nurse and other ComForCare staff members meet with every single client in their homes prior to beginning home care services.
The registered nurse evaluates the home and the patient’s condition and makes recommendations for care that are used by staff to create a personalized home care plan. A caregiver or several caregivers are then carefully selected based on personality similarities and expected compatibility and a care plan is crafted.
These are just some of the services we provide to help clients with their activities of daily living:
• Bathing – Applying special caregiving techniques for easier, more cooperative bathing.
• Dressing – Making dressing appropriately less of an issue by delicately reducing decision-making pressures.
• Maximizing Independence – Working respectfully with clients to retain abilities still present.
• Meaningful Activities – Increasing enjoyment and purpose to decrease boredom and difficult behavior.
• Nutritious Meal Preparation – Adjusting offerings as appropriate to nutritional needs and personal preferences.
• Safety Supervision – Providing supportive assistance to reduce falls and wandering.
• Sensory Stimulation – Engaging clients through their senses to stimulate language use and memory.
• Toileting and Continence Care – Using compassionate care strategies to maintain dignity and privacy.