Lifelong Learner, Runner, Community Resource
“It’s about putting a smile on their face.”
What I Hope for the Future
Before I opened my ComForCare location, my husband was in a bad accident. He spent a month in the hospital, and when he came home, he needed 24-hour supervision. I remember feeling scared and confused, with different people telling me different things. I don’t want others to feel that way as they navigate this transition. I want to be a community resource for my clients to help ease their uncertainty. I am dedicated to providing innovative, affordable care solutions that promote wellness and safety for all of my clients.
The Most Important Things Can Be the Little Things
To me, helping my clients live their lives with just a little bit more happiness is the most important thing we can do. I think it’s about the little things: putting a smile on their face, listening to their stories and remembering what makes them happy. They might tell you they like to do puzzles, and when you bring that back up to them, it warms their heart that you remembered that tidbit. It all comes down to truly caring, and that’s what we do every day.
My Most Memorable Moment
Around Christmas, we visited one of our first clients at their home. The client had dementia and their spouse was in a wheelchair, so they were unable to decorate a tree for the holidays. Their family, unfortunately, was not able to come in time to help either.
So, my team and I went to their house a week before Christmas. We bought new lights for the tree and took out their ornaments to decorate. I will never forget the look on their faces when they saw it. It brightened their day.
Every year, our client had bought their spouse a special ornament. It was a tradition, and we wanted to help them continue that. We plan on getting an ornament made with our pictures on it for them.
- DementiaWise®-certified office
- Proud participants of the Walk to End Alzheimer’s in Anderson, South Carolina
- Bachelor’s in chemical engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology
- First Aid/CPR instructor for the American Red Cross
- We provide compassionate, personalized care
- We promote diversity
- We encourage employee involvement and development
- We communicate and collaborate effectively
- We deliver the highest standards of in-home care at a reasonable cost
- We provide a safe environment for our employees and our clients