Oftentimes, individuals need more in-home nursing care than what Medicare or other health insurances will cover. Our private-duty nursing services can cover the gap.
For patients with physical restrictions or confined to a bed and require 24/7 care, ComForCare nurses can administer medications, perform personal care and provide respite to family members.
Transition of Care
The transition from hospital to home can be overwhelming. Before you loved one is discharged, let a ComForCare nurse create a transition of care plan with your family. Our nurses can:
- Review discharge instructions with the client and family while still at the hospital or other facility
- Educate the client and family members in self-care
- Ensure prescriptions are filled before leaving
- Conduct home safety and fall risk inspections
- Confirm and coordinate follow-up appointments
- Ensure client is set up with the correct durable medical equipment (e.g., cane, walker, ramp, etc.)
Chronic Disease Management
Many clients live with at least one chronic disease, such as congestive heart failure, COPD or diabetes. Our nurses can help individuals manage these conditions through:
- Education about "red flag" symptoms and possible side effects/interactions
- Medication management
- Promotion of healthy lifestyle changes
Call us today to learn more about how ComForCare can help.